Weekly Rides: Although the primary 2021-22 season has ended, regular Saturday Morning and Wednesday Lunch rides will continue based on member interest. Through October, Saturday morning rides will begin at 7:30.
Off-Island Rides: Another successful season of Off Island rides has concluded. Thanks to all who attended!
Potluck Socials: This season's monthly Potluck Socials at the Community House have concluded.
Election of Officers: Election of 2022 Officers and Board Members took place at the Club's Annual Meeting on December 13, 2021. The following individuals were elected:
|President - Jim Cryder
|Vice President - Allison Todd
|Secretary - Greg Anderson
|Treasurer - Ray Luebbers
ABOUT SANIBEL AND SANIBEL BIKE CLUB
Sanibel is a beautiful, sub-tropical barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico, blessed with sunshine, beaches, lush vegetation, abundant wildlife, quiet streets and 23 miles of paved shared-use paths. In short, Sanibel is a paradise for cycling.
The Sanibel Bicycle Club was formed in 1994 and over the years has grown to include several hundred members. The club has three distinct missions:
- To promote cycling for recreation, transportation and health.
- To advocate for improvements in the safety and infrastructure of Sanibel’s shared-use path system.
- To provide an opportunity for cycling enthusiasts to ride and socialize together.
Club members include recreational cyclists of all levels, from casual to serious, as well as non-cyclists who support Sanibel’s shared path system. It’s a friendly group who are always ready to welcome new members. Membership requirements are as simple as 1, 2, 3:
- Pay annual dues (online) - $30 individual, $45 family
- Sign legal release (online)
- All wear a helmet on Club rides
What are you waiting for? JOIN NOW!